mickey mouse

mickey mouse

Thursday 7 February 2013

Oh the Races You'll Go!

So it would appear that, yet again, I say one thing and do another. In this particular case I recall saying that I would not do a lot of races in 2013, to make up for the crazy training that went into the stuff I ran last year.

Whoops.

It would seem that I've already registered for the following races this year:



 Imagine my surprise when I got picked to be a Digital Champion for this race! I've never run the Toronto Yonge Street 10K before, but I'm totally looking forward to being part of this event. It seems like it's a party even before race day, with tune up runs and all kinds of fun both virtual and live leading up to the big day.


This one is an oldie but a goodie. It was my first Half Marathon, way back in 2011. I went from running 5k for fun to training at the Running Room for a Half Marathon, with this as my goal race. It was a great day, a lovely course and it culminated with me getting a tattoo of the running dude to celebrate my accomplishment. And to make it even cooler, I got sponsored for this race this year!! The Toronto Goodlife Half Marathon, don't let them lie to you though, it's NOT all downhill :-)




A bunch of my fellow crazy running buddies thought that getting pelted with dye while running 5k would be fun, so we signed up to run the Color (hard to NOT type the 'u') Run in Michigan Color Run is a crazy race where the runners wear all white and have people on the sidelines spray food-safe colouring at you as you run the course. Seemed like a good reason to drive 4 hours.
Erica's Wish is a race that a few of my friends have done year after year. It's a great cause, a lovely course (except apparently a horrible hill on the 10k course). So this year we're doing the 5k. They say everyone cries at least once that day.
To temper the charity crying, I've also chosen to drown my sorrows in wine. Hence we signed up to run the Niagara Falls Women's Half Marathon. Never done this one before, but it seemed a perfect opportunity to wear our sparkle skirts and get our girlie on.


On my bucket list since I started running is the Army Run in Ottawa Ontario. I've wanted to do it for a couple reasons...I love the medals, and my best friend's husband is in the Army, so this is my way of supporting our troops, since there's no way the army would ever let ME in.
So that means I'm running at least 3 half marathons, a 10k and 2 5ks this year alone. Can anyone suggest any other runs I should add to my list? I think BMO would be happy to increase my credit card limit.

Maybe I can talk Brooks into sending me one of those new nifty pairs of Ravenna 4s so I can Run Happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment