mickey mouse

mickey mouse

Wednesday 12 September 2012

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Okay so before I start this post AGAIN, let me vent about the fact that my crappy, super slow, super old, jumk box of a work PC just ate my enitre last post and did a force close of internet explorer and lost the entire thing. Now granted I should not be writing posts on work time, but FFS people, could we get some equipment that at least can handle some typing without going tits up?

that said, I'll start again.

http://anothermotherrunner.com/2012/09/10/we-ask-you-tell-then-play-it-forward/
The team at Run Like a Mother wanted us blog folk to answer 10 personal running questions, and 'play it forward' to encourage other BAMRs to do the same.  Here's my answers:

1. Best Run Ever
    I don't think I've had my best run ever yet. I've had some I liked, some I fought my way through, some
    that sucked from the first step to the last. As Bryan Adams says 'the best is yet to come'.

2.  Three words that describe my running
     Get 'er done

3.  My go to running outfit is
     Well, that depends on the weather (in Canada). A running bra, shoes and a hat. Something between the
     shoes and hat to prevent people from calling the police.

4.  Quirky habit while running
     Aside from the way I look while running? I like to touch the tip of my nose with my tongue.

5.  Morning, midday, evening
     I would prefer to run at midday, weather and schedule permitting. Normally I end up running either at
     an ungodly hour of the morning or after work when I'm exhaused and would rather curl up with my PVR
     and watch hours of talk shows.

6.  I won't run outside when it's
     Really hot, really cold, or when there's a warning like temperature or issues in the middle east.

7. Worst injury and how I got over it
     I did something to my achilles tendon right after I started running really long distances. My 
     physioterrorist fixed it somehow. Currently she's working on the arthritis in both my knees and
    something I've done to the tendons in the top of my foot that makes me feel like I'm being hit by a brick.
    I think she's a god.

8.  I felt most like a bad ass mother runner when
     I think that happened before I even knew BAMRs existed. I was running my first half marathon. About
     half a KM from the finish I thought I'd just have a seat on the nice curb and ruminate about the race. I
     figured that I could take a break and get up and keep running. The more I thought about it the more I
     realized if I did it that they'd find me the next week, covered in discarded water cups and GU wrappers.
     So I put one foot in front of the other and plodded my way to the finish. And finish I did, arms in the air,
     triuphant.

9. Next race is
    The next fun race is the 5K Oasis Zoo Run. I've always wanted to run with the animals. The next
     'gonna take real work' race is my first Full Marathon, the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon in
     October. It's the furthest I've ever run, the most I've ever trained and the biggest running challenge to
     date. What was I thinking?  :-)

10.  Potential running goal for 2013
      Nothing potential about it. I've signed up with some fellow BAMRs to run the Goofy Challenge in Walt
      Disney World in January. It's a half marathon on Saturday followed by a full marathon on Sunday. Yep
      I'm f'in goofy, just like my blog title says. Nothing like having a challenge to work toward to get you to
      lace up those shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment