mickey mouse

mickey mouse

Monday 31 December 2012

Oh the Places I'll (virtually) Go



colour me amused, one of my running buddies posted a link to this site where you can draw a radius around a point, and she chose how far from home she's run this year. So I had to try it too. Sadly despite my tendency toward OCD I've never tracked every KM I've run, so I had to rely on my Garmin for totals.

In 365 days I have run 917.45km, from my home town to almost South Carolina. That's not counting the runs I've done without my Garmin, or when it died and lost data part way through or whatever.  That's the training and running for a full marathon, one or two halfs (or was it 3?), a 15k ATB Relay...and the lead up and training for the Goofy Challenge, which will be over (celebrating) in 2 weeks!

I would say that I'll surpass that distance in 2013, but since Disney will be my 2nd and last full marathon, that kind of mileage might be a thing of the past. I want to run for fun....not that most of this training hasn't been fun, and not that I haven't found great friends on the trail, but I think a few short (;-0) half marathons next year might be just my speed.

Must remember to write about how fun it was to run a 20k training run on a treadmill...next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment